UFC 134 from Rio in Brazil takes place live on Saturday August 27,th at 9pm EST. The final three bouts of the night feature prominent Brazillian fighters and the auroa sorrounding these bouts is worth the price of the Pay Per View alone. Anderson Silva has won 14 consecutive fights and has been the 185lb Champions for several years. in 2005, he lost a fight via disqualification to Yushin Okami after knokcing him out with an illegal upkick. Silva looks to avenge the loss and continue his reign as Champion Saturday Night.
Another highly anticipated fight is a rematch between former UFC Champions Shogun Rua and Forrest Griffin. now healthy and on his home turf in Brazil, Look for Shogun to avenge his loss to Griffin from 2006.
Finally, a lot of questions surround the bout between arguable one of the top heavyweights of all time in MMA Antonio Nogeuira and rising star Brendan Schaub. Big Nog is coming off dual hip surgeries and is aging. Meanwhile, The Hybrid Schaub is starting to find his form and is a physical specimen. This is a classic battle of experience vs youth. If Nogeuira can handle the quickness of Schaub, he has more than enough tools to finish him either on the ground or on his feet. Although that is much easier said than done and the rising star Schaub has 1 punch knockout power and has been working tirelessly on his ground game. When it comes down to it though, Nogeuira has been a Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt for over 10 years and Brendan Schaub is a Purple Belt.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Champ Anderson Silva (184) vs. Yushin Okami (183)
- Forrest Griffin (205) vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (205)
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (243) vs. Brendan Schaub (247)
- Luiz Cane (204) vs. Stanislav Nedkov (203)
- Edson Barboza (155) vs. Ross Pearson (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Spencer Fisher (156) vs. Thiago Tavares (156)
- Dan Miller (184) vs. Rousimar Palhares (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- David Mitchell (171) vs. Paulo Thiago (169)
- Raphael Assuncao (134) vs. Johnny Eduard (135)
- Erick Silva (169) vs. Luis Ramos (171)
- Felipe Arantes (145) vs. Yuri Alcantara (144)
- Yves Jabouin (135) vs. Ian Loveland (135)